KEG hires the best people in each market and forges them together to create a team that can tackle projects of any size, anywhere in the world.
We’re always looking for great people. Consider a career with a dynamic, growing firm that’s committed to community development and customer service. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Kaskaskia Engineering Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Veterans, Minorities, Females, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Part Time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Kaskaskia Engineering Group, LLC is seeking a part time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist for the Belleville, Illinois office. Responsibilities include:
- Answer and Redirect Telephone Calls
- Greet and Welcome Clients and Associates
- Open, Sort, and Deliver Mail
- Schedule Office Meetings and Conference Rooms
- Copy, Scan/Save, File and Mail Invoices
- Update Spreadsheets
- Water Plants
- Maintain Cleanliness of Common Work Areas
- Route Paperwork throughout the Office
- Enter Vendor Invoices into Accounting Software
- Copy Plans and Specs
- Draft Correspondence
- Print and Bind Reports or Proposals
- Update Company-Wide Calendar
- Assist President with Her Daily Schedule
- Walk Office Dogs Each Afternoon
Kaskaskia Engineering Group, LLC is seeking an Environmental Scientist/Specialist for our Environmental Team to be located in one of our offices in Evansville, Indiana; St. Paul, Minnesota; or Belleville, Peoria, or Champaign, Illinois.
Key Responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will work closely with the Environmental Team Leader and Senior Environmental Science staff to lead and/or assist with the following activities:
Conducting environmental field investigations, including but not limited to plant and soil sampling, wetland delineations, stream and water quality investigations, ambient noise measurements, threatened & endangered species habitat identification, special and hazardous materials data collection, historic property photo logs, and other field work, as necessary. Candidate will need to be physically fit enough to climb up and down into ditches, bridge embankments, roadway slopes, and other obstacles.
Performing natural environmental analysis, including but not limited to stream and wetland impact analysis, botanic and forest impact analysis, threatened & endangered species impact analysis, floodplain and water quality impact analysis, and other natural resources analyses.
Performing man-made and cultural environmental analysis, including but not limited to noise analysis studies, air quality studies, socioeconomic and land use analysis, environmental justice studies, cumulative impact analysis, special and hazardous materials preliminary environmental site assessments (PESAs), and other man-made resources analyses.
Preparing environmental documents for Categorical Exclusions (CEs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), and/or Environmental Impact Statements (EISs), Section 4(f) Statements, Section 7 biological assessments, Section 106 reports, and other necessary materials and reports.
Preparing waterway permits and associated materials for Clean Water Act Section 404 and 401 permits and other similar waterway permits.
Preparing technical environmental documents for both natural and man-made environment studies, including wetland and stream assessment reports, noise study reports, air quality study reports, special and hazardous materials PESA reports, and other environmental studies.
Performing mitigation identification, preparing conceptual mitigation studies, and conducting mitigation site investigations during and post-construction
Desired Skills and Experience:
Candidates should possess a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science/Engineering/Studies, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Soil Science, Plant Ecology, or allied natural/physical environmental resources disciplines or in Urban Planning or Land Use Planning. An advanced degree (Masters of Science or Arts) in one of these areas is desirable, but not mandatory
Candidates should have at least 5 to 8 years of experience with environmental and/or transportation projects. They should also have been included in the “List of Preparers” for one or more transportation-related EIS's, two or more transportation-related EA's; or four or more transportation-related CE's in the last 10 years.
Applicants should also have familiarity with GIS software, such as ESRI ArcGIS, and one or more environmental modeling software packages, such as noise modeling software (TNM 2.5); air quality software (MOVES); water pollutant loading analysis software (SELDM); and/or other similar environmental modeling software.
Kaskaskia Engineering, LLC has an opening in our St. Paul, Minnesota office for a Professional Engineer with approximately 10 years of highway, roadway, or land development design experience. Applicants should have a thorough understanding of Minnesota Department of Transportation design policies and local municipality code requirements; effective management skills for which to plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of projects; and the ability to coordinate with other internal and/or external team members.
The successful candidate will plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate technical work on portions of major projects or in a total project of moderate scope. S/He will provide assistance to Team Leads in preparing current status information for internal reporting and for keeping clients informed on progress. The candidate should have a BS in Civil Engineering, PE license in Minnesota, the ability to secure PE licensure in other states, and 10 +/- years of progressively challenged design experience.
The following duties are delegated responsibilities:
- Prepare project scope, schedule, and fee for review by Team Lead.
- Prepare design plans for projects s/he leads and/or the tasks assigned to him/her.
- Prepare and process construction plans for approval.
- Prepare supporting calculations, construction specifications, and permitting for residential and commercial projects in various jurisdictions.
- Complete design calculations.
- Research code requirements and design procedures manuals.
- Verify design computations and plan detailing for conformance with codes, manuals, and design considerations.
- Operate AutoCAD Civil 3D, StormCAD, Microstation V8i, GeoPak, and various other software applications.
- Visit project sites to review conditions as appropriate.
- Coordinate with other engineers, technicians, and administrative assistants during preliminary and final plan preparation for conformance to standards and code requirements.
- Prepare draft correspondence, technical specifications, and reports.
- Attend and participate in various client meetings with various local, transportation, and regulatory agencies, as appropriate.
- Have good oral and written communication skills in order to lead and/or moderate meetings with interested parties and stakeholders.
- Communicate with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others as appropriate to project.
- Coordinate final design computations with review agencies.
- Coordinate utility disposition on projects with involved public and private utility companies.
- Prepare draft cost estimates, periodic reports covering construction activities, pay estimates, and data necessary to document acceptability of materials and quantities for final payment.
- Assist business development and operations team with proposals and client development.
- Perform all work in a safe manner and with equitable treatment towards all.
A Complete Range of Services
We are a full service civil engineering, environmental, and contracting firm with an impressive portfolio of federal, state, county, and private project experience.