Urbana West Airport Road
Frasca International, Inc. (Frasca), an international manufacturer and distributor of flight simulators, had a major expansion of their corporate manufacturing facility located on Airport Road west of US Route 45 in north Urbana. The investment in this project was approximately $2.5 million and is expected to create 20-25 temporary construction jobs as well as 40 permanent new employment opportunities. To support the planned expansion, the City of Urbana solicited an Economic Development Project (EDP) Grant from the State of Illinois for the construction of an estimated $2,978,000 in roadway improvements from west of the intersection of Willow Road and Airport Road to east of the intersection of Cunningham Avenue (US Route 45) and Airport Road, to access the proposed facility. The project included the intersection improvements at Cunningham Avenue and Airport Road.
City of Urbana, Illinois
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
The project included the reconstruction of 3,642 feet of Airport Road from a two lane oil and chip rural section to a three-lane concrete cross section pavement with curb and gutter. The project also included upgrades to the Cunningham Avenue intersection.
Kaskaskia Engineering Group, LLC (KEG) was retained by Farnsworth Group, Inc. to perform the following:
- Conducted a site visit to review environmental features and possible issues.
- Prepared description and photo log of any issues noted.
- Completed Environmental Survey Request form, including Level 1 and 2 Special Waste screening.
- Location Map
- Plan Sheets
- Color photos of the project
- USGS Quad map
- NWI map
- An exhibit showing the ESR limits
- Historic screening of the project area
- GIS shape files of the ESR limits
- Special waste screening form
- Completed a Preliminary Environmental Site Assessment (PESA) of the 3,600-foot project corridor along Airport Road in Urbana, Champaign County, Illinois. This preliminary site investigation was confined to properties along local roads within the project corridor.
Although no Records of Concern (REC) were found within the project right-of-way, the City of Urbana opted to complete a Preliminary Site Investigation (PSI) based on past records of leaking Underground Storage Tanks (USTs) and spills on adjacent properties.
RELATED CASE STUDIES
A Complete Range of Services
We are a full service civil engineering, environmental, and contracting firm with an impressive portfolio of federal, state, county, and private project experience.